Monday, April 25, 2016

Clean Eating Banana Pancakes

So thanks to my wicked insomnia I have been spending a lot of time with Pinterest. I'm finding so many things there, especially recipes, that I want to try.

Recently, my nightly rendezvous with Pinterest led me to a review of Clean Eating Pancakes by The Moms Playground which you can read here.

We have our own hens so fresh eggs are available daily. My daughter and I both love bananas so we were excited to try this out ourselves.

The recipe on The Mothers Playground called for 1 ripe banana, two eggs, 1tsp vanilla extract, and 1tsp of ground cinnamon.

The review mentioned the batter was very runny and the pancakes didn't fluff up. Since I knew that from reading the review, I tweaked our batch by adding an extra banana and it thickened it up a bit. Once cooked, it had a very nice texture, too.

We topped ours with a bit of Cool Whip and they were delicious!!! The only other change I will make next time will be to half the amount of cinnamon as it was a bit strong for my daughter's taste.

All in all, they were easy to make, cooked quickly, had a great texture, tasted great, and it was a fun recipe to try here. We will make them again.

For full instructions and the review, please visit The Moms Playground!


No comments:

Post a Comment